UPSIDE-DOWN APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
(Recipe created by Ronna F.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- 1 - 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare and bake soft pretzels according to the package
directions (Mix, Twist and Bake).
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Yield: 8 servings
Allow pretzels to cool. Cut pretzels into 1” cubes
and set aside.
- Spray a 13” x 9” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon apple pie filling over bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in milk and
melted butter. Add the cinnamon sugar packet, salt,
nutmeg and vanilla.
- Stir the pretzel cubes into the egg mixture. Allow to rest
for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all of the egg
mixture is absorbed.
- Pour coated pretzel cubes over apples in pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes. Remove
foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a knife
inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Allow to cool
in pan for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut into servings, and flip over onto serving plates so that
the apple filling is on top. Serve warm.