APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- 6 Medium sized baking apples (peeled and cored)
- 2 Sticks butter (softened)
- 1 Cup warm milk
- Spiced syrup (recipe below)
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
APPLE DUMPLINGS RECIPE Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine warm milk and contents of yeast
packet. Allow this to sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add dough mix and both sticks
of softened butter. Cut butter into dry mix until small
- Add milk/yeast mixture to dry ingredients and stir until
a dough ball begins to form. Place dough onto a lightly
floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes until dough
becomes soft and smooth. Cover dough with plastic wrap
and let it rest for 15 minutes in a warm spot.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion
into a small circle big enough to wrap around your apple
(dough should be about ¼” thick).
- Place a peeled/cored apple into the center of each dough
circle and sprinkle cinnamon sugar into the center of
each apple. Wrap the dough around the apple sealing it
completely inside the dough.
- Place the dough wrapped apples into a 13”x 9” baking
pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray and pour
the warm spiced syrup over the dumplings.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tops are lightly golden brown
(baking times may vary).
SPICED SYRUP RECIPE (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine the following ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- Over medium high heat on the stove bring all ingredients
to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes as syrup thickens.
Remove from stove and add 3 tablespoons of butter; stir
until butter melts.
Serving suggestion: Apple Dumplings are delicious
served warm. For an extra special treat top with ice cream
or whipped cream!