CANDY BARS & COOKIES RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Frozen Twix® candy bars or similar type candy bars (or cookies)
- Optional: 1 Stick butter, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
CANDY BARS & COOKIES RECIPE Preheat oven to 425°F.
Spray an area of the counter with nonstick spray and turn
the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter. Do
not spray or flour the area where you will roll and stretch
- Cut strips of dough that measure 6” long by 1 ½” wide.
- Pull the dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle
and move your hands outward while pulling, stretching
and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope
25” long by ½” wide. Place frozen Twix bar vertically into
dough 1” from the end of dough strip and start rolling and
pressing the Twix bar up the dough strip, overlapping the
seams to prevent unraveling. Completely cover Twix bar
and roll so dough extends ½” beyond bar. Pinch and press
dough to seal; this is important so the chocolate remains
inside the pretzel wrap as it
starts to melt. Set wrapped
candy bar aside and begin
the wrapping process
again with the next candy
bar. Repeat with all the
dough strips. Yield: 10-15,
may vary by candy bar.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups
of very hot water (150˚F). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray. Pick up each
wrapped candy bar and quickly dip into the baking soda
solution. Place on a towel to drain off the excess solution,
and then place on coated tray. Make sure they do not touch.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in preheated
oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, rotate tray 180° and
bake for an additional 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Baking times may vary.
- Optional: Melt 1 stick of butter. After baking the wrapped
candy bars and before they cool, brush butter over the top.
EAT AND ENJOY!
Serving suggestion: Generously shake powdered sugar and
drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the buttered and baked
wrapped candy bars.