CANDY CANE PRETZELS RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Red food coloring
- 1 Stick butter (optional)
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
CANDY CANE PRETZELS RECIPE Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray an area of the counter with baking spray and turn
the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
Do not spray or flour the area where you will
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1½” wide x 8” long
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle of
strip. Move your hands outward while pulling, stretching,
and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope ½”
wide x 36” long (about the thickness of your finger).
Do not over-roll the dough strip.
- Cut each strip in half. Twist one white strip and one red
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups
of very hot water (150°F). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with nonstick spray. Pick up the
twisted strip and quickly dip into the baking soda solution.
Place the shape on a towel to drain off the excess solution,
place on the tray and shape the twist into a candy cane.
Sprinkle with pretzel salt if desired; Cinnamon Sugar
pretzels do not need salt.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in the preheated
oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate
halfway through baking. Baking times may vary.
- Melt 1 stick of butter (optional). After baking the candy
cane pretzels and before they cool, brush butter over top
of salted or plain pretzels. For Cinnamon Sugar candy cane
pretzels, brush butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon
Eat and Enjoy!