CHERRY BOMBS RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling (with 10% more cherries, if possible)
- 1¼ teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half & half or milk
- Nonstick spray
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
CHERRY BOMBS RECIPE Yield: 24 Cherry Bombs | Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cherry pie filling in a small bowl and mix in ¾
teaspoons almond extract. Set aside.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and sprinkle a
generous teaspoon of the cinnamon and sugar mixture
onto floured surface.
- Roll dough turning often and dusting with cinnamon and
sugar with each turn until ¼” thick and 18” across. Cut 24,
3½” rounds. The dough can be re-rolled and cut again.
- Spray 24 average-sized muffin tins with nonstick spray.
Place the dough rounds in prepared tins, pressing the sides
- Evenly distribute cherry pie filling (3 to 4 cherries) into
each dough cup. Do not fill past ¾ full. Pull up sides of
dough slightly to “cup” the filling. Sprinkle lightly with
cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool for 10
minutes in pans and move to a rack to continue cooling.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar, ½
teaspoon almond extract and 2 tablespoons half & half (or
milk) and drizzle over “Cherry Bombs.”
Serve warm, cold or even re-heated!