CHOCOLATE CHIP PRETZELS RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Chocolate Chips and/or M&M’s®
- 1 Stick butter (optional)
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PRETZELS RECIPE Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray an area of the counter with nonstick spray and turn
the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter. Do
not spray or flour the area where you will roll pretzels.
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1½” wide x 8” long.
- Place 12-15 Chocolate Chips or M&M’s® down the center
of the dough strip and push the candy pieces fully into
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle of
strip. Move your hands outward while pulling, stretching,
and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope ½”
wide x 36” long (about the thickness of your finger).
Do not over-roll the dough strip.
- For Pretzels: shape dough strip into a “U” on the counter.
Cross the ends (A & B), then cross them again. Pinch the
ends to the bottom of the “U” about 2 inches apart. Use
the pretzel printed on this page as a guide. Experiment
with other shapes, letters, or numbers; use your creativity!
For Pretzel Stix: cut the 36” strip of dough into 6 equal
portions (approximately 6” each).
- Roll all pretzels, Stix, or shapes before proceeding to step 7
(dough should yield 8-10 large pretzels).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups
of very hot water (150°F). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with nonstick spray. Pick up
each pretzel by the pinched ends and quickly dip into the
baking soda solution. Place pretzel on towel to drain off
excess solution, then place on coated tray.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in the preheated
oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, rotate tray 180° and
bake for an additional 2-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Baking times may vary.
- Melt 1 stick of butter (optional). After baking pretzels and
before they cool, brush butter over top of pretzels. For
Cinnamon Sugar pretzels, brush butter over top of unsalted
pretzels and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Eat and Enjoy!