FESTIVE HOLIDAY SHAPES RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters (optional)
- Festive decorations: icing, sprinkles, jimmies, colored sugar,
crushed candies, etc.
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
FESTIVE HOLIDAY SHAPES RECIPE Preheat oven to 425°F.
Spray an area of the counter with baking spray and turn
the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
Do not spray or flour the area where you will
- Cut strips of dough that measure 3” wide x 6” long.
- Lightly flour your counter and rolling pin. Roll the dough
to 1/4” thick.
- Use cookie cutters or a knife to cut shapes into the dough
or follow pretzel twisting directions (in the kit).
Use your creativity!
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups
of very hot water (150°F). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with nonstick spray. Pick up
each pretzel shape and quickly dip into the baking soda
solution. Place the pretzel on a towel to drain off the
excess solution, and then place on the coated tray.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in the preheated
oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown. After 6 minutes,
rotate tray 180° and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes or
until golden brown. Baking times may vary.
- Once the pretzel shapes cool spread on icing and candy
Eat and Enjoy!