PRETZEL FUN SHAPES RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- 1 Baking soda packet, 1 Salt packet, 1 Cinnamon sugar packet)
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- 1 Stick butter (optional)
Please refer to instructions included in your Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
PRETZEL FUN SHAPES RECIPE Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray an area of the counter with baking spray and turn
the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
Do not spray or flour the area where you will
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1½” wide x 8” long.
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle of
strip. Move your hands outward while pulling, stretching,
and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope ½”
wide x 36” long (about the thickness of your finger).
Do not over-roll the dough strip.
- Experiment with letters, numbers and shapes.
Use your creativity!
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups
of very hot water (150°F). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with nonstick spray. Pick up each
shape and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place
the shape on a towel to drain off the excess solution, and
then place on the tray. Sprinkle with pretzel salt if desired;
Cinnamon Sugar pretzels do not need salt.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in the preheated
oven for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, rotate tray 180°and
bake for an additional 2-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Baking times may vary.
- Melt 1 stick of butter (optional). After baking the shapes
and before they cool, brush butter over top of salted or
plain pretzels. For Cinnamon Sugar pretzels, brush butter
over top of unsalted pretzels and sprinkle with cinnamon
Eat and Enjoy!