GOOEY PRETZEL BARS RECIPE
- Auntie Anne's© At-HomeTM Baking Kit
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 14 oz. caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped pecans
See our Dough Preparation PDF, or the instructions that came with your baking kit.
GOOEY PRETZEL BARS RECIPE Yield: 64 bars | Preheat oven to 425°F.
- After dough has risen, spray two 13” x 9” baking pans with
nonstick cooking spray. Divide dough in half; press each
half into bottom of each pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Rotate pans 180° and bake
for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Brush butter over dough and
sprinkle with salt. Set pans aside to cool.
- Combine caramels, remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and
milk in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until
smooth and creamy. Drizzle mixture over cooked pretzel
dough in pans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place milk chocolate chips and shortening in another
saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until completely
melted and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over caramel layer in pans.
Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set. Cut
into bars and serve.