GRILLED ALMOND POVITICA KABOBS WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
(Recipe created by Mary S.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- Nonstick spray
- 1 cup unsalted butter, divided use
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 12 oz. can almond cake and pastry filling (other nut varieties of
cake and pastry filling may be substituted)
- ¼ cup cold strong coffee
- 1½ cups fresh or jarred raspberry puree
DOUGH PREPARATION (1 Dough Mix)
- In a large bowl, dissolve contents of 1 yeast packet in
1¼ cups lukewarm tap water (105°F). Let rest about 2
minutes. Note: Water temperature must not exceed 115°F.
- Add 1 dough mix to yeast/water mixture. Using a rubber
spatula (or your hands), mix until dough ball forms.
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Yield: 12-16 servings.
- Grease two 9” x 5” loaf pans.
- Divide dough in half. Place a dough portion on a lightly
floured rolling mat and roll to a very thin rectangle
(slightly less than 1
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave ¼ cup
butter and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes just until butter
is melted and brown sugar is dissolved, stirring every 30
seconds. Remove from microwave. With mixer on low
speed, mix in cake and pastry filling. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread half of mixture on rolled out dough. Lift the edge
of the rolling mat to begin to carefully roll dough like a
jelly roll. Roll dough up completely then use fingers to
gently seal ends and seam. Carefully lift up dough and
place it in a prepared loaf pan in a U-shape with the ends
overlapping slightly in the middle of the pan.
- Repeat steps with remaining portion of dough and filling.
Brush tops with coffee.
- Cover each with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with
nonstick cooking spray and place in a warm place for
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce
oven temperature to 325˚ and bake for 15-20 minutes
more or until top is golden brown, covering top of bread
loosely with foil if needed during last 15 minutes of
baking time to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans for 30 minutes
before inverting onto a wire to remove from pans and
- Heat a grill to medium high heat. Grease grill grates.
- Melt remaining ¾ cup butter and place in a small bowl.
Use a serrated knife to slice loaves into 1½“ thick slices.
Cut each slice into six cubes. Using 24 (12”) metal or
water-soaked wooden skewers, place three cubes on each
skewer. Brush both sides lightly with melted butter.
- Grill skewers for 2-3 minutes per side or until grill
- Arrange skewers on a platter. Place raspberry puree in a
small bowl and place on platter. Serve immediately.