TWO-CHEESE HAM & EGG BRAID RECIPE
(Recipe created by Gaelen M.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ pounds honey roasted deli ham, sliced
- 8 oz. baby Swiss cheese, sliced
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Yield: 8 servings.
- Cover a large, 16” x 14” baking sheet with parchment
paper. Coat paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Dissolve baking soda in 4 cups very hot tap water
according to the instructions included in the box.
- In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, add 1
tablespoon butter. When the butter has melted, add
the eggs being careful not to break the yokes, and cook
until the whites are firm. Gently separate the eggs with a
spatula and then turn them over. Cook about 30 seconds
more or until they are cooked through. Remove pan from
heat and sprinkle the eggs with salt. Set aside.
- After dough has rested, place it in the center of the
parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread dough out to form
a 16”x12” rectangle. Along each long side, cut 1” strips
one-third the way toward the center of the dough, leaving
the middle third of the dough uncut.
- To assemble braid, layer the following down the center
of the dough in this order: eggs, half of the ham, Swiss
cheese, remaining ham, and cheddar cheese. To braid
the dough, start at one end and fold alternating strips of
dough across the filling at an angle. Tuck each dough
strip underneath the filling on the opposite side to help
seal the braid.
- Brush braid with the baking soda solution.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and braid
sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove braid from parchment paper and place on cutting
board or serving plate. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of
butter and brush it over the braid. Allow braid to rest for
several minutes before cutting and serving.