- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Mix
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Rolling pin / Cookie cutters (optional)
- Festive decorations: icing, sprinkles/jimmies, colored sugar, crushed candies, etc.
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Spray an area of the counter with nonstick spray and turn the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter. Do not spray or flour the area where you will roll pretzels.
- Cut strips of dough that measure 3” wide x 6” long.
- If using cookie cutters: lightly flour your counter and rolling pin. Roll the dough to ¼” thick. Use heart shaped cookie cutters or a knife to cut shapes into the dough. Use your creativity!
- If twisting pretzel shapes: follow the pretzel twisting directions included in the kit to roll the dough into 36” x ½” strips and twist into pretzels. Once the pretzel shape is created, pull down the section between “A” and “B” to create the heart shape.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups of very hot tap water (150ºF). Stir until nearly dissolved. Tip: Water for this step should not be microwaved, boiled, or come from a coffee or tea brewer.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with nonstick spray. Pick up each pretzel heart shape and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place the pretzel on a towel to drain off the excess solution, and then place on the coated tray.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in the preheated oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown. After 6 minutes, rotate tray 180° and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes or until golden brown. Baking times may vary.
- Once the pretzel heart shapes cool, spread on icing and candy decorations.