JALAPENO PRETZEL POPPERS RECIPE
(Recipe created by Laura K.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- 1 - 8 oz. box softened cream cheese
- 1 jar jalapeños (sliced or chopped)
- 6 slices ready-cooked bacon
- 3 cloves freshly pressed garlic
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Yields: 20 Jalapeño Pretzel Poppers.
- Follow directions included with the baking kit through
Step 1 of the TWIST section.
- During the dough-resting phase, drain and chop jalapeños
and add to softened cream cheese. Chop bacon slices and
add to cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the baking soda packet in 4
cups very hot tap water and stir until almost completely
- Cut off a two-tablespoon sized piece of dough and roll into
a ball. Flatten ball on flat surface (no spray or flour) with
bottom of a glass to form a 2” circle.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of cream cheese mixture
onto dough circle and pull up all sides to form a sack.
Twist top of sack to pinch dough and trim off excess top
with a knife.
- Dip the filled dough sacks in baking soda mixture and
drain on paper towel. Top with a pinch of chopped fresh
garlic and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 1 tray at a time, on
center rack of preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn and
bake an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.