JOEY'S PIZZA PINWHEELS RECIPE
(Recipe created by Marcy K.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- ½ teaspoon salt from baking kit
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 80 pieces of pepperoni (40 for each pizza pinwheel roll)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- Olive oil
- Large cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
DOUGH PREPARATION (1 Dough Mix)
- Prepare pretzel dough according to package directions
- Add in ½ teaspoon salt from baking kit, garlic powder,
Italian seasoning and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Yield: 26 Pinwheels.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Once dough is ready divide in half. Roll each half on
a lightly floured surface. Roll to approximately a
9” x 13” rectangle.
- Spread each rectangle with ½ cup sauce leaving about
½” - 1” on all sides without sauce.
- Add about forty pieces of pepperoni on each rectangle.
Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Use one cup for
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese evenly on
- Roll each rectangle like you would a jelly roll. Start at the
long end not the short end. Once you get almost to the end you will see dough. Take a little olive oil on a brush or
your finger and rub onto dough. It will help the roll stick.
Pull dough up and pinch with fingers to seal. Pinch ends.
- Cut long roll that you now have into approximately 1”
slices. Discard the ends.
- Place each pinwheel roll on cookie sheet lined with
parchment paper. Place at least 1” apart. Make sure one
of the sides with the filling showing is down on the sheet.
You do not want the dough side on the bottom of the
sheet. You will be looking at filling on top when all the
pizza pinwheels are on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes. Cheese will be bubbly and slightly
brown. Dough will be a light golden brown in color.
Remove from oven and serve warm.