PESTO MOZZARELLA BREAD RECIPE
(Recipe created by Donna R.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- ½ cup flour for dusting
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¹∕³ cup prepared pesto
- 1½ pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ lb. fresh mozzarella, diced
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Yield: 12 servings.
- In a large bowl dissolve contents of yeast package in
1¼ cups warm water. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Add in dough mix and 1 tablespoon pesto and combine
until dough forms ball.
- Grease large bowl with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Turn dough ball out onto lightly floured bread board and
knead 5-7 minutes until smooth and satiny.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning the dough in the
bowl to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
about 1 hour, until double in size.
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Remove dough from bowl, depress down and let rest for 2
minutes on the floured bread board.
- Meanwhile combine the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and
3½ tablespoons of pesto in a medium size bowl. Fold with
a spatula to combine and flavor. Add the remaining ½
tablespoon of pesto to the 2 tablespoons remaining butter
and set aside.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a rectangle of
about 14”x18“. Measure off the middle 6 inches and place
filling mix down the center the long way. Then cut 1½”
wide strips on either side of the filling. Fold the strips into
the center by pairs and twist. Push together to slightly mound in the center. Lift up the bread and place it on the
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is oozing and the
crust is crunchy.
- Remove from oven and microwave the butter–pesto
mixture for 12-15 seconds to melt. Stir to combine and
brush with a pastry brush over the bread. Slice through to
make 12 slices. Serve warm.