PHILLY CHEESESTEAK POCKETS RECIPE
(Recipe created by Jennifer B.)
- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Kit
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup seeded, chopped pepperocini
- 1 pound slide deli roast beef, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 cups cubed processed American cheese
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Yield: 8 servings.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and
sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and
pepperocini and continue to cook until onions are golden
brown and peppers are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine onion-pepper mixture with the roast beef
ribbons and cheese cubes and toss to evenly mix.
- Divide risen dough into 8 evenly sized balls. Roll and
stretch each ball into a 6” round. Top each round with a
generous ½ cup of cheesesteak filling, and fold dough in
half to enclose. Press edges together to seal, making sure
not to trap excess air, and pleat edge decoratively.
- Arrange filled pockets on the prepared baking sheet.
Dissolve baking soda in 4 cups of very hot tap water, and
stir until dissolved. Lightly brush each pie with solution.
Sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pockets are golden brown.