- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Mix
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Hot Dogs
- 4 Tablespoons butter (optional)
- Yellow mustard (for eyes)
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Place hot dogs in a heat proof container and cover completely with very hot tap water. Allow hot dogs to sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut a 5” x1” strip of dough.
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle and move your hands outward while pulling, stretching, and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope 22” x ½” (thinner than the thickness of your pinky finger).
- Remove hot dogs from water and dry with a paper towel.
- Starting at one end of the hot dog, wrap the dough strip haphazardly around the hot dog leaving about ½ inch of hot dog exposed at each end plus space for the mummy’s eyes at one end (dough should yield 10-15 strips).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve baking soda in 4 cups of hot water. Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Pick up each Mummy Pretzel Dog and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place Mummy Pretzel Dog on towel to drain off excess solution, and then place on coated tray (Pretzel Dogs should not be touching).
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in preheated oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, rotate tray 180° and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Baking times may vary. NOTE: Internal (core) temperature of the fully baked Pretzel Dog should reach 165ºf.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter (optional). After baking the Mummy Pretzel Dogs and before they cool, brush butter onto the top of each Pretzel Dog.
- For the mummy’s eyes, place dots of yellow mustard on the hot dog.