- Auntie Anne’s® Baking Mix
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- 4 Tablespoons butter (optional)
- Slivered almonds
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Spray counter with nonstick spray and turn out the risen dough onto that portion of the counter. Do not spray or flour the area where you will roll the Pretzel Stix.
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1½” x 8” long.
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle and move your hands outward while pulling, stretching, and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope ½” x 36” long (about the thickness of your finger).
- Cut the 36” strip of dough into 6 equal portions (approximately 6” each for Pretzel Stix Finger). For spookier fingers, the size of the dough strips can vary.
- Roll all Stix before proceeding to step 7 (each dough should yield 50-60 Pretzel Stix Fingers).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve baking soda in 4 cups of very hot water. Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Pick up each 6” Stix Finger and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place Stix Fingers on towel to drain off excess solution, and then place on coated tray. (Stix should not be touching).
- Sprinkle with salt as desired and add a slivered almond to the tip for the fingernail.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in preheated oven for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, rotate the tray 180° and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Baking times may vary by baking trays and ovens.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter (optional). After baking Stix Fingers and before they cool, brush butter onto the top of plain or salted pieces.