- Auntie Anne’s® Homemade Baking Mix
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- Pepperoni slices*
- 8 Jalapeno slices
- 2 whole peppercorns
Use the instructions that came with your baking kit to complete this step, or view our Dough Preparation instructions.
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Spray an area of the counter with baking spray and turn the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1½” x 8”.
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle of strip. Move your hands outward while pulling, stretching, and rolling the dough strip. Roll each piece into a rope ½” x 36” (about the thickness of your finger).
- Cut the 36” strip of dough into 16 equal portions (pretzel nuggets) each approximately 2 1/2” inches in length.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve baking soda in 4 cups of hot water. Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Pick up each pretzel nugget and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place on towel to drain off excess solution, and then place on coated tray in the following order:
- For the turkey body place 1 nugget in the center of the tray and place 4 nuggets around the center nugget in a circle.
- Place 9 nuggets around the body in a semi-circle. Place 8 jalapeños on this layer of nuggets, leaving the center nugget open for the beak and eyes.
- Cut 1 slice of pepperoni into quarters and place 1 piece for the beak.
- Repeat this step using 11 nuggets to surround the 9 nuggets. Place 11 slices of pepperoni on top of this layer of nuggets.
- Place 2 nuggets beneath the body for the feet.
- For the eyes use 2 whole peppercorns.
- Place turkey in the oven and bake 20-30 minutes rotating the tray half way through baking or until golden brown. Serve warm.
*Feel free to substitute with chocolate chips, nuts or other decorative ingredients for your turkey feathers.