Auntie Anne’s offers a family-oriented working environment built on communication and mutual respect. There’s hard work that goes into serving and supporting our franchise partners and consumers through a variety of expert positions including construction, customer care, marketing, training, accounting, human resources, purchasing, business consulting, and more. But, there’s a good bit of fun mixed in. After all, we make pretzels
so it’s impossible NOT to have fun here...
Food Science & Technology
The Food Scientist will support the research and development activities of the department working with the City Line Foods Manufacturing and other Food Science and Technology personnel.
- Plan and conduct bench top product development and laboratory tests as needed to support the sales team for City Line Foods Manufacturing.
- Assist the City Line Foods Manufacturing sales team with on-site customer support, sample preparation at industry trade shows, and any additional technical support.
- Lead and manage new product trials at City Line Foods Manufacturing.
- Review and approve packaging development for new products produced at City Line Foods Manufacturing.
- Coordinate sample requests from vendors for new product development. Develop and maintain a professional relationship with current and new vendors to assist in the development of new products.
- Plan and conduct internal sensory panels as needed to support City Line Foods Manufacturing and the Food Science and Technology Department.
- Develop, update, refine, and maintain product specifications for all ingredients and new finished products that are developed.
- Develop nutrition panels for all new and/or updated products for all Auntie Anne’s brands.
- Attend and assist with product photoshoots/videoshoots for new product testing/introductions as needed.
- Assist the Product Development Manager and Culinary Support Associate as needed in developing new products for successful implementation into the Auntie Anne’s system. May require attendance at quarterly Team 95 leadership meetings.
- Provide special assistance to other departments as needed on technical and operational issues. This may require participation in various committees and include customer/consumer requests, or on-site market research, etc.
- Provide product development and operational support to the International Department by the approval process of new ingredient/new product requests and reporting results to the FOCUS Brands International team.
- Attend annual professional industry conventions/seminars/trade shows as appropriate.
- Maintain the FS&T laboratory in a professional appearance including cleanliness, sanitation, and organization for efficient operation. Maintain all equipment, ordering/inventory of supplies, and organizing the storage areas.
Advanced degree required – Bachelor’s degree, Food Science. Two (2) plus years’ experience in food operations, food preparation, and/or laboratory setting preferably with dry mixes/ingredients, dry blending, frozen food applications, and/or baked goods. Must be ServSafe certified. Nutrition and sensory evaluation experience preferred. Must possess the ability to work independently on varied projects, willingness to learn new skills, be a team player, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to be innovative and self-motivated.
Position requires good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with varied groups of people including senior/middle management, franchise owners and managers, suppliers, and other associated groups (i.e. consultants, etc.).
- Must be computer literate preferably with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (including Access, Word, and Excel).
- Position will require occasional travel (including overnight stays).
- Good sensory abilities and distinctions for product evaluations.
- This position requires a high energy level, and a positive attitude in dealing with many people.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
The employee must also be able to successfully complete formal training in order to perform all the required tasks and operations including product processes and preparations for the Auntie Anne’s system.
To be considered for this position, please complete our application and/or submit your résumé and cover letter to: