This position will be responsible for overseeing the Accounts Receivable / Treasury function, general accounting responsibilities, and assisting the Accounting Manager on various financial projects. Timely and accurate completion of tasks, in an organized and efficient manner, is a critical component of this position.
- Accountable for maintaining an acceptable past due percentage and DSO.
- Effectively manage all Treasury / Accounts Receivable staff members.
- Provide monthly sales, royalty revenue, and bad debt analytics for Accounting Manager review.
- Accurately process ACH transactions and review / approve ACH batches, as necessary.
- Manage non-polled store royalty process.
GENERAL ACCOUNTING / FP&A
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries during the month end close process.
- Perform assigned monthly account reconciliations. Analyze, review, research and correct discrepancies.
- Review all entries and account reconciliations prepared by direct reports.
- Provide monthly actual-to-budget variance analysis on selected accounts.
- Responsible for all reporting, budgeting, and forecasting for Auntie Anne’s Ad Fund company.
- Assist with the preparation and compilation of materials for the annual external audit and tax returns.
- Obtain necessary information for monthly financial dashboard reporting.
- Managed the accounting for the Auntie Anne’s gift card program.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Accounting Manager.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
B.S. / B.A. in Accounting / Business Administration, or equivalent experience. Strong computer and accounting skills are necessary. Significant experience with Microsoft Office, and advanced Excel skills, are required. Experience with Great Plains Dynamics is a plus. At least 3 to 5 years related accounting experience required. Supervisory experience is also highly preferred. Incumbent needs to have a level of maturity, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a diverse environment. This position will work under time pressures in a fast paced environment, and will need to have a clear understanding of the requirements and needs of the department, as well as the Auntie Anne’s system.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Must be able to effectively present information to accounting management, co-workers, and franchise partners.
Ability to work overtime when needed to meet the required deadlines is required.