Responsible for all aspects of the operation of the two Auntie Anne's stores during all hours of operation; responsible for maintaining the Three-Fold Philosophy and operating standards, implementing company policies, maximizing Net Operating Income, and for representing Auntie Anne's Mission and Philosophy to its customers, employees, and community.
Depending on staffing levels and proficiency, may be required to:
- Perform any or all of the essential duties required of Crew Members.
- Perform any or all of the essential duties required of the Assistant Manager (if any) or of Shift Managers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire all staff.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all staff.
- Provide uniforms for staff in accordance with uniform policies; ensure maintenance of Dress Code and Personal Appearance Standards.
- Provide and/or supervise training of all staff.
- Determine staffing needs and schedule all staff; post Weekly Schedule by Thursday in accordance with Scheduling Tool.
- Perform staff evaluations consistent with guidelines set forth in employee handbook: Recommend staff promotions and wage increases, accordingly.
- Provide progressive disciplinary policies with staff, including termination, as required and with approval of COS General Manager.
- Monitor staffing levels and labor costs to maximize efficiency and control labor expense ratios.
- Provide for the accurate taking of the monthly physical inventory.
- Review and authorize payment of all invoices from vendors and other suppliers of goods and services; promptly transmit for payment as directed.
- Monitor inventory levels, production, waste, unauthorized "giveaways" etc. to control Cost of Goods, without compromising product quality.
- At all times direct operations with the goal of increasing sales, reducing expenses and maximizing Net Operating Income in accordance with annual budget.
- Direct and supervise the ongoing and periodic cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and physical facilities.
- As needed, contact approved service and repair sources for necessary repairs.
- Ensure the prompt completion and transmission of all required paperwork, reports, etc., as directed by the Home Office or COS General Manager (i.e. Time Card Summary Sheet, Weekly Cash Report, Weekly Inventory, Monthly Inventory, supplier expenses, Petty Cash Reports etc).
- Maintain files relating to operations and personnel, as directed by the Home Office.
- Coordinate the execution of all required system-wide and local promotional events, marketing, advertising, and public relations activities as directed by the Home Office and Marketing Department.
- Recommend local promotional, marketing, advertising, and public relations activities with the assistance of the Home Office and COS General Manager; develop and execute approved activities.
- Maintain good working relations with mall management and staff; attend meetings and
participate in Merchants Association, Mall Marketing Committee, or similar activities.
- Encourage teamwork, the building of staff morale, and the resolution of conflict through bi-monthly (plus as-needed) staff meetings and daily communication.
- Perform other duties as directed by COS General Manager.
- Participation in the Auntie Anne’s Convention and annual Operations meeting.
- Participate in one-on-one and monthly meetings as planned by COS General Manager.
- Responsible for success of Store Support Evaluation and Mystery Shop Report and for the corrective action when necessary.
The Store Manager is responsible for supervising all Assistant Managers, Shift Managers and Crew Members for both store locations.
Must successfully complete Operation Pretzel Lover Training at Auntie Anne's Training Center. In addition to the personal traits required of all Auntie Anne's employees (positive, "teachable", outgoing) must have demonstrated leadership and organizational ability, plus good communication and interpersonal skills. Must have high personal standards and motivation, and display a capacity for problem-solving, personal growth, the ability to understand and work with moderately complex financial information and statistics. Basic math skills, attention to detail, and proficiency with a calculator, cash register and FAX machine are essential. Must have dependable transportation and a telephone.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Must be able to perform the tasks outlined above ("Essential Duties"); must be able to stand for long periods, work with agility, and occasionally work long hours; must be able to test products by taste, color and smell; must be able to manage occasional periods of stress with composure and control; must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.