Auntie Anne’s Brings Back Pretzel Nation Creation, This Time with a Birthday Twist
You read that right! Auntie Anne’s® Pretzel Nation Creation is back by popular demand. In honor of its 30th birthday, the world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel franchise is empowering pretzel lovers to choose a new flavor for the celebration. June 19 through June 25, fans can vote for ten birthday-inspired flavors at www.pretzelnationcreation.com.
If there’s an extra drool-worthy flavor, fear not: fans can vote as many times as they like for their favorite. The Pretzel Nation Creation winning flavor will be announced on June 26 and available in stores for a limited time this fall.
“We can’t think of a better way to celebrate our 30th birthday than with a new flavor selected by pretzel lovers nationwide,” said Marcel Nahm, Auntie Anne’s Vice President of Marketing. “From traditional birthday cake to delightful tiramisu, our fans certainly delivered a mouthwatering list of Pretzel Nation Creation flavors. I can’t wait to see which flavor wins, and I’m even more excited to try the new pretzel later this year.”
A request for birthday-inspired flavors on social media last month generated more 650 suggestions. The top ten comprise the Pretzel Nation Creation finalists:
- Birthday Cake: Because there’s no better way to celebrate our 30th than with a birthday cake… pretzel.
- Caramel Apple Crème Brûlée: The county fair meets five-star restaurant in this twisted mash-up.
- Chocolate Coconut: Cocoa or coconut? Why not both?
- Chocolate Covered Cherry: The punch of wild cherries tamed by a hint of dark chocolate.
- Cookies & Cream: This classic combination delivers a sweet cookie crunch.
- Cotton Candy: Like going to an amusement park, but better.
- Lemonade Cake: Inspired by our delicious lemonade, this pretzel pairs perfectly with a hot summer day at the pool.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake: So tropical, it promises to turn your world upside down.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: A flavor so velvety and rich you’ll wonder how we did it.
- Tiramisu: This coffee-flavored pick-me-up is a decadence straight from Italy.
In 2017, more than 1.3 million votes were tallied and Sriracha was chosen as the winner of the inaugural Pretzel Nation Creation, beating out a unique list of contenders including S’mores, Taco and Dill Pickle.
About Auntie Anne’s®:
With more than 1,800 locations in 48 states and more than 25 countries, Auntie Anne’s mixes, twists and bakes pretzels to golden brown perfection all day long in full view of guests. Auntie Anne’s can be found in malls and outlet centers, as well as in non-traditional spaces including universities, airports, Walmarts, travel plazas, military bases, and food trucks. For more information, visit AuntieAnnes.com, or follow on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram.