You read that right! Auntie Anne’s® Pretzel Nation Creation is back by popular demand. In honor of its 30th birthday, the world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel franchise is empowering pretzel lovers to choose a new flavor for the celebration. June 19 through June 25, fans can vote for ten birthday-inspired flavors at www.pretzelnationcreation.com.
If there’s an extra drool-worthy flavor, fear not: fans can vote as many times as they like for their favorite. The Pretzel Nation Creation winning flavor will be announced on June 26 and available in stores for a limited time this fall.
“We can’t think of a better way to celebrate our 30th birthday than with a new flavor selected by pretzel lovers nationwide,” said Marcel Nahm, Auntie Anne’s Vice President of Marketing. “From traditional birthday cake to delightful tiramisu, our fans certainly delivered a mouthwatering list of Pretzel Nation Creation flavors. I can’t wait to see which flavor wins, and I’m even more excited to try the new pretzel later this year.”
A request for birthday-inspired flavors on social media last month generated more 650 suggestions. The top ten comprise the Pretzel Nation Creation finalists:
- Birthday Cake: Because there’s no better way to celebrate our 30th than with a birthday cake… pretzel.
- Caramel Apple Crème Brûlée: The county fair meets five-star restaurant in this twisted mash-up.
- Chocolate Coconut: Cocoa or coconut? Why not both?
- Chocolate Covered Cherry: The punch of wild cherries tamed by a hint of dark chocolate.
- Cookies & Cream: This classic combination delivers a sweet cookie crunch.
- Cotton Candy: Like going to an amusement park, but better.
- Lemonade Cake: Inspired by our delicious lemonade, this pretzel pairs perfectly with a hot summer day at the pool.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake: So tropical, it promises to turn your world upside down.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: A flavor so velvety and rich you’ll wonder how we did it.
- Tiramisu: This coffee-flavored pick-me-up is a decadence straight from Italy.
In 2017, more than 1.3 million votes were tallied and Sriracha was chosen as the winner of the inaugural Pretzel Nation Creation, beating out a unique list of contenders including S’mores, Taco and Dill Pickle.