Watch our dough preparation video below, or use the instructions that came with your baking kit for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spray an area of the counter with baking spray and turn the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter. Do not spray or flour the area where you will roll pretzels.
- For dinner rolls, cut a 12” x ½” strip of dough*. Without stretching the dough out follow instructions to twist a pretzel. See Soft Pretzel baking instructions. Rather than a distinct pretzel shape, you will get a tightly closed-in pretzel roll.
- Twist as many rolls as you would like and then in a medium bowl, dissolve baking soda in 4 cups hot water. Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Pick up each pretzel roll and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place pretzel roll on towel to drain off excess solution, and then place on coated tray (rolls should not be touching). Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Place the tray of rolls in a warm spot and allow them to rest for 15 minutes. You will notice that the rolls will start to rise and look light and fluffy. After 15 minutes they are ready to be baked.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in preheated oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, rotate the tray 180° and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Baking times may vary.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter (optional). After baking the rolls and before they cool, brush butter on top of each pretzel roll.
*Note: For sandwich rolls follow the same procedure except in Step 2, cut a 25” x ¾” strip of dough to make a larger roll. Sandwich rolls can be sliced in half and used for cold sandwiches or delicious warm Panini’s. Experiment with your favorite sandwich flavors!